We Bring You THE Topics You Need To Hear
Pelosi and McCarthy Forced To VACATE
Poor Pelosi Galore For To Move
Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was ordered to “immediately” vacate her Capitol hideaway office by Wednesday as she slammed acting Speaker Patrick McHenry’s decision as a “sharp departure from tradition.”
McCarthy – What Happened?
The House on Tuesday voted to remove Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) as Speaker, a never-before-seen historic vote that leaves the lower chamber of Congress in chaos.
The mutiny, led by Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), came days after McCarthy averted a government shutdown by putting a stopgap measure on the floor that garnered Democratic support — a move that infuriated hardline Republicans
McCarthy had this to say:
“Unfortunately, 4 percent of our conference can join all the Democrats and dictate who can be the Republican Speaker in this House,” McCarthy said in a press conference. “I don’t think that room is good for the institution, but apparently I’m the only one. I believe I can continue to fight, maybe in a different manner. I will not run for Speaker again. I’ll have the conference pick somebody else.”
McCarthy was not favored as the Speaker among Republicans. Gaetz led a group which demanded several criteria that would guide McCarthy’s tenure as leader of the House. Those concessions included:
- A promise for guaranteed votes on pet issues, like a balanced budget amendment, and term limits, a Texas border plan, and an end to all remaining coronavirus mandates and funding.
- A new committee to investigate the alleged weaponization of the FBI against its political foes. The committee would be modeled on the Church Committee, which investigated US intelligence agencies in 1975. It would have a budget comparable to the recently disbanded Jan. 6 Committee.
- More single-subject bills to allow members to vote on specific, narrow issues instead of thousand-page pork barrel behemoths.
- A 72-hour window for members to read any new bill before it can be voted on.
- A promise to refuse any increase in the debt ceiling in the next federal budget agreement.
According to Gaetz, Biden’s statement that McCarthy and he had struck a deal was one of the main reasons for the vote to vacate.
President Joe Biden appeared to suggest over the weekend that Democrats had reached a new deal with embattled House Speaker Kevin McCarthy on Ukraine aid – a major omission from a funding bill that managed to avert a government shutdown.
“We just made one about Ukraine. So, we’ll find out,” Biden said when a reporter asked whether he would trust McCarthy when the “next deal comes around.”
What Would Rush Limbaugh Say?
Character matters; leadership descends from character.
Nine Stores Are No Longer A Target
Target released a statement on more store closings in mostly peaceful yet fiery neighborhoods.
At Target, we take the decision to close stores very seriously, and only do so after taking meaningful steps to invest in the guest experience and improve business performance. With that said, we have made the difficult decision to close nine Target stores across four states, effective Oct. 21.
In this case, we cannot continue operating these stores because theft and organized retail crime are threatening the safety of our team and guests, and contributing to unsustainable business performance. We know that our stores serve an important role in their communities, but we can only be successful if the working and shopping environment is safe for all.
Woody Allen Is Somehow Trump’s Judge In NYC Fraud Trial
Judge Arthur Engoron orders Trump to retract Truth Social post that calls his assistant the girl friend of Chuck Schumer because it “names” her. Yeah if serve in public office we do get to know who you are. “Public” is the key word.